- Round compact makeup double pocket mirror with standard and 2.5 magnification for detail
- Mother of pearl traditional Korean craftsmanship using sea shell sheets for printing
- Hand sized 2.8″ (7cm) and thin (.9cm) portable easily fitting into a handbag or pocket
- Durable lightweight 120 g metal case with glossy hard epoxy protective coating on image
- Emerald green black colors Om design pattern for yoga and spiritual types
Dual compact mirror with standard and 2.5 magnification for daily makeup application and adjustments.
Portable handheld size (7cm diameter .9 cm thickness) convenient for daily use or as a travel cosmetic accessory.
Large enough to use but small enough to carry!
Emerald green Om design:
The Om is an ancient Hindu symbol that represents the essence of the universe and all creation. The Om is now commonly used to represent yoga. A perfect match for spritial and yoga types.
Mother of Pearl?
This item was crafted by traditional Korean mother of pearl artisans! Oysters, mollusks, and abalone sea shells are lined naturally with crystals of calcium carbonate. These crystals produce iridescent colors when light is shined on them.
How is this made?
- Sea shells are pressed into a mother of pearl sheet
- a design is printed directly onto the sheet
- a layer of protective epoxy resin is applied by hand
- it is then put into an oven to glaze and harden
- the final step is to seal the mother of pearl sheet onto the metal casing
The end result is a mother of pearl compact mirror with a glossy finish that shines and reflects in the light!
Traditional Korean mother of pearl items have been popular in Asia since the Goryeo dynasty 932-1392 AD. Compact mirrors are a modern twist on traditional Asian hand craftmanship.
Shipped in an Asian Style box an ideal gift for:
that special person; mother, sister, daughter, grandmother, wife, aunt, girlfriend or yourself!
that important occasion; Christmas, birthday, graduation, wedding, anniversary!